Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Possible PIP Topics

1. Hair Dye:
I dye my hair on the regular. As a natural blonde, I've been dying my hair every two months or so for the past 5 years. I've read that women who dye their hair regularly have an increased risk of bladder cancer along with other health risks. I'd like to find out how much danger I'm putting myself in for cosmetic purposes.

  • Dying hair monthly increases risk of bladder cancer by 2x.
  • Hair dye negatively effects fertility.
  • Breast cancer has been documented in salon workers, if I dye my hair often, will this effect transfer?


2. Gluten-free
I recently learned that I'm gluten intolerant; however, I've also noticed a huge trend in eating gluten free among those without the allergy. I feel much better now that I'm not eating gluten but I'd like to learn what other advantages this lifestyle has and why someone without an allergy would decide to eat this way, especially if most advantages are "potential."

  • A gluten free diet can reduce the symptoms of autism.
  • A gluten free diet can reduce the symptoms of down syndrome.
  • A gluten free diet helps with weight loss, cholesterol levels, and energy levels.


3. Teeth Whiteners
To whiten or not to whiten, that is the question. I like to whiten my teeth, but after hearing all of the possible negative side effects, I'm wondering if I should switch to a "home remedy" such as baking soda. I'm also wondering if it's equally effective.

  • Whitening teeth removes the enamel.
  • Whitening teeth causes gums to recede.
  • Baking soda + peroxide mixture costs much less, and works just the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment